45th Annual Conference
Uniting the World of Animal Transportation
31 March - 3 April, 2019
Hilton Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
ATA hopes you will join other transportation professionals in Budapest!
Check out the schedule of events. Dynamic presenters will be speaking on trending topics in the animal transportation arena.
Confirmed Presenters (to date):
- Andrea Gruber - IATA
- Michelle Owen, TRAFFIC/ROUTES
- Philippa Dyson, TRAFFIC/ROUTES
- Barbara Padalino, University of Bari
- Endre Papp DMV, Sosto Zoo, Hungary
- Jaroslav Simek DMV, Prague Zoo, Czech Republic
- Cindy Buckmaster, Baylor College of Medicine
- Hannah Thompson-Weeman, Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Angus Currie DMV, Jet Pets
- Reinhard Bose, DVM, Labor Bose
- Judy Franco, Pfizer
- Erik Hoekstra, Heering
- Ben Lakerveld, VRR Aviation
- Sorine Quaade Moller, DVM, FødevareKøbenhavn
- Robert Mullan, PhD, US CDC
- David Rae, Jet Pets
- Marc Roveri, Cargolux
- Kendra Stauffer, DVM US CDC
- Dirk Ullrich, Alpenzoo, Innsbruck, Austria
- Amanda Whitfort, University of Hong Kong
- James Webster, PhD, AgResearch in New Zealand
- Jozsef Kossuth, Budapest Airport
- Robert Quest, City of London
- Zsuzsa Rigo, DMV specializing in Epidemiology and Animal Health
- Lisa Meador Schoppa, The Luxe Pet
- Korosi Levente, Ministry of Agriculture
- Emoke Hartyani, Budapest Vet Cargo
- Tomasz Grudnik, OIE
- Nicholas Dudoignon, Sanofi
- James Davies, Snoopy Pets LLC
- Dawn Bannerman, The Jackson Laboratory
- Felix Wäckers, Biobest
- Tomal Sohorab, Air Canada
- Mark Prescott, DVM, APHIA/USDA
- Ruud Luekel, KLM Airlines
- Johannette Klapwijk, Koppert, NL
- Bea Belenyi, Hungary Kennel Club
- Nathan De Valck, Brussels Airport
- Eric Gysen, Liege Airport
- Sean Harding, BioTrans
- Joerg Luft, Covance
- Lazar Marton, DMV, NEBIH
- Marc Pierard, Hartpury University
- Alberto Torres, Cobb-Vantress, Inc.
- Kaido Kroon, EU Commission
- Gabor Szarvas, Budapest Airport
- Hazel Imrie, PETport
- Sue Kazlaw-Nelson, United Airlines
- Dr. Endre Sos, Budapest Zoo
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Early registration is now closed. Please arrive at the ATA registration desk with the onsite form to register.
Offsite Event ANNOUNCED!
ATA inconjuction with Budapest zoo is hosting a Behind the Scenes Guided Tour of the 150 year old Budapest Zoo in the centre of the city.
Wednesday, April 3rd
Registered attendees will see valuable art nouveau buildings in their antique splendour and an Animal Kingdom with over 1000 species. Top attractions include:
· The Elephant House
· Palm Tree House and Aquarium
· Butterfly Garden
· World of Apes
· The Shark Nursery and shark feeding
· Award-winning Pannon Park Biodome
· ….and much more
Zoo Tour is now fully booked with a waitlist. Thank you for your sign-up.
ATA's conference will be held at the newly renovated Hilton Budapest. Located in the Royal Castle District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel pairs its 16th-century look with today's amenities for a special stay. ATA's room block at the Hilton Budapest is SOLD out!
Planning Committee has announced an overflow hotel - Hotel Clark. Hotel Clark is perfectly situated in downtown Budapest, on the Danube bank, right next to the famous Chain Bridge, one of the most emblematic sights of the city. From the hotel you have easy access to all popular sites of Budapest, the station of the Buda Castle funicular is also next to the hotel entrance.
Registration link. Enter promotion code: ATA2019
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
To assist in planning your trip, please review the tourist brochures below:
Some highlighted attractions:
Andrassy Avenue Dominican Churchyard Fisherman’s Bastion Gellert Thermal Bath Hospital in the Rock Museum Hungarian State Opera House Jewish Heritage Museum Labyrinth of the Castle Caves Margaret Island Matthias Church Millennium Underground Railway Museum of Applied Arts Museum of Fine Arts Royal Castle District Secret Military Hospital and Bunker Szechenyi Thermal Bath
29 March through 21 April, 2019
The Budapest Spring Festival takes place in April each year. Besides Hungarian artists, numerous international stars perform during the 3 and half – week event. The largest and most prestigious cultural festival in Budapest attracts many classical music, opera and jazz fans from all around the world. The festival has developed into one of Europe’s major cultural events with a series of opera, concert, ballet and theatrical performances. You can choose from around 120 programs at around 40 venues, including various public places, squares, parks and streets where you can bump into a performance or program of some kind, like the Opening Parade.
River Rides - A sightseeing bus turns into a boat and floats on the Danube