45th Annual Conference
Uniting the World of Animal Transportation
31 March - 3 April, 2019
Hilton Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
ATA hopes you will join other transportation professionals in Budapest!
Check out the schedule of events. Dynamic presenters will be speaking on trending topics in the animal transportation arena.
Confirmed Presenters (to date):
- Andrea Gruber - IATA
- Michelle Owen, TRAFFIC/ROUTES
- Philippa Dyson, TRAFFIC/ROUTES
- Barbara Padalino, University of Bari
- Endre Papp DMV, Sosto Zoo, Hungary
- Jaroslav Simek DMV, Prague Zoo, Czech Republic
- Cindy Buckmaster, Baylor College of Medicine
- Hannah Thompson-Weeman, Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Angus Currie DMV, Jet Pets
- Reinhard Bose, DVM, Labor Bose
- Judy Franco, Pfizer
- Gerlinde Hillebrandt, Salzburg Zoo, Austria
- Erik Hoekstra, Heering
- Ben Lakerveld, VRR Aviation
- Sorine Quaade Moller, DVM, FødevareKøbenhavn
- Robert Mullan, PhD, US CDC
- David Rae, Jet Pets
- Marc Roveri, Cargolux
- Kendra Stauffer, PhD US CDC
- Dirk Ullrich, Alpenzoo, Innsbruck, Austria
- Amanda Whitfort, University of Hong Kong
- James Webster, PhD, AgResearch in New Zealand
- Jozsef Kossuth, Budapest Airport
- Robert Quest, City of London
- Zsuzsa Rigo, DMV specializing in Epidemiology and Animal Health
- Lisa Meador Schoppa, The Luxe Pet
- Korosi Levente, Ministry of Agriculture
- Emoke Hartyani, Budapest Vet
- Tomasz Grudnik, OIE
- Nicholas Dudoignon, Sanofi
- James Davies, Snoopy Pets LLC
- Dawn Bannerman, The Jackson Laboratory
- Felix Wäckers, Biobest
- Tomal Sohorab, Air Canada
- Mark Prescott, DVM, APHIA/USDA
- Ruud Luekel, KLM Airlines
- Johannette Klapwijk, Koppert, NL
- Rebecca Gimenez-Husted, TLAER
- Bea Belenyi, Hungary Kennel Club
Market your business with the opportunities still available!!!
There are a number of sponsorship opportunities available during the conference. See the link below for all of the sponsorship opportunities available. If you have interest in additional sponsorship opportunities that aren't listed, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Exhibit opportunities are available to assist your company the chance to gain exposure to those attending the conference.
Register online now for the EARLY-BIRD pricing (USD)!
EXTENDED Early-Bird deadline: March 1, 2019
Offsite Event ANNOUNCED!
Join ATA for a Behind the Scenes Guided Tour of the 150 year old Budapest Zoo in the centre of the city.
Wednesday, April 3rd Tour to begin promptly at 3 pm
You will see valuable art nouveau buildings in their antique splendour and an Animal Kingdom with over 1000 species. Top attractions include:
· The Elephant House
· Palm Tree House and Aquarium
· Butterfly Garden
· World of Apes
· The Shark Nursery and shark feeding
· Award-winning Pannon Park Biodome
· ….and much more
Space is limited to 50 participants. Please be registered prior to the conference.
Transportation to the zoo is on your own – the spectacle first underground M1 will take you to the zoo! As well as many f Budapest’s landmark postcard superstars are a 10 minutes’ walk from the Zoo.
Click here to sign-up
Castle District hotel with stunning views of Budapest
Stay at the newly renovated Hilton Budapest and have it all - a central location, stylish guest rooms, Executive Lounge and gorgeous views of the historic city and River Danube. Located in the Royal Castle District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel pairs its 16th-century look with today's amenities for a special stay. We have dining options, event spaces and thoughtful service, everything you need for a remarkable stay in Budapest.
Take advantage of the ATA room block rate (EURs) until February 20, 2019:
|Single occupancy||Double Occupancy|
|Superior Danube View King/Twin||195||215|
* Room rates quoted above include all applicable taxes and American style Hilton breakfast in LANG restaurant.
* Above rates are also available for those of you who wish to book a few nights extra before or after the Conference !
Reservations - click here for direct access to Hilton Reservation line.
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
To assist in planning your trip, please review the tourist brochures below:
Some highlighted attractions:
Andrassy Avenue Dominican Churchyard Fisherman’s Bastion Gellert Thermal Bath Hospital in the Rock Museum Hungarian State Opera House Jewish Heritage Museum Labyrinth of the Castle Caves Margaret Island Matthias Church Millennium Underground Railway Museum of Applied Arts Museum of Fine Arts Royal Castle District Secret Military Hospital and Bunker Szechenyi Thermal Bath
29 March through 21 April, 2019
The Budapest Spring Festival takes place in April each year. Besides Hungarian artists, numerous international stars perform during the 3 and half – week event. The largest and most prestigious cultural festival in Budapest attracts many classical music, opera and jazz fans from all around the world. The festival has developed into one of Europe’s major cultural events with a series of opera, concert, ballet and theatrical performances. You can choose from around 120 programs at around 40 venues, including various public places, squares, parks and streets where you can bump into a performance or program of some kind, like the Opening Parade.
River Rides - A sightseeing bus turns into a boat and floats on the Danube
Presented TRACK BREAKOUT SESSIONS